Come Explore Gymnastics!
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO COVID-19 WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER FIELD TRIPS AT THIS TIME. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
Looking for an exciting field trip for your students? Whether you're supplementing a Gymnastics Phys-Ed unit, or your class has earned a fun outing, Okanagan Gymnastics is geared to help you reach your learning outcomes! We can't wait!
We offer exciting gymnastics classes for your class! Students will get to bounce on our trampolines, jump into the foam pits, swing on the bars and test their balance on the beams! Field trips can be booked for Tuesdays and Fridays from 9:15 - 10:15 am, 10:15 - 11:15 am, 11:15-12:15 pm and on Wednesdays from 12:00 -1:00pm.
Each class is allowed up to three visits per year. The cost per student for 1 hour is $6.50. Schools that have 1 or more classes that are coming more than once per year are required to have a GBC membership at no charge. Registration forms will be e-mailed to each school.
Registration starts at the end of each school year (May) for the following school year.
Attendance sheets will need to be submitted to the office. This is required by All Sport Insurance (Gymnastics BC) to ensure all children are insured.
Please contact the Okanagan Gymnastics Centre office at 250 765-0888 for more information. See you soon!
Field Trip Guidelines
- The office requires a class list with the teacher’s name, the first and last names and gender of the students who enter the gym each time you come.
- The parent / caregiver of each participant must have signed the field trip permission slip in which the risks involved in gymnastics and our policy regarding spotting and touching is explained to them.
- Maximum class size is 30 kids.
- It is helpful to the coaches if the students are wearing name tags when they come.
- If a child has an aid in school, the aid should also be in the gym to help the child.
- Absolutely no siblings allowed in the gym with the class.
- The coaches reserve the right to ask teachers to help in the gym.
- The students can use the change rooms if they need to get changed. They need to wear appropriate clothing. That can be shorts and shirt, body suit, sweatpants etc. (No jeans)
- Bare feet only in the gym.
- No jewellery.
- Long hair needs to be tied up.
- The students line up and wait for the coach to let them into the gym.
- Class always starts with a warm up that consists of running and stretching.
- After the warm up the students will be divided into groups to practice their skills on different equipment.
- NO FLIPPING during field trips.
- The purpose of the gymnastics program is to ensure that children have FUN, gain FITNESS and learn the FUNDAMENTALS of gymnastic
FUN:: Continuous activity, success, challenge/discovery.
FITNESS: Flexibility, Strength and power, endurance, spatial orientation, balance.
FUNDAMENTALS: Landings, static positions, locomotions, swings, rotations, springs.